Monday, February 3, 2014

Leading God's way....day 1



Your Character is who you are inside.  So if you are a follower of Jesus what should your character be?

I noticed recently that people talk a great talk to get you to believe a certain way or to follow a certain path...but then you find out that in secret that their character is NOT that at all, actually everything they are telling you, you should not do....they are doing themselves.

So being a leader....we are all leaders.  We may be a leader of a company, small or large.  You may be a leader of a family.  You may be a leader at work (whether you have the title or not). You may be a leader because you have younger brothers or sisters or cousins.  You may be a leader at school.

So what kind of leader do you want to be? If you wish to lead as Jesus did then meditate on this from Matthew.

Lord may I not be the leader that rules in this world by lording it over the people I lead.  Lord may I  not be a leader that  flaunts  my  authority over those under me. But Lord may I lead differently by being your follower first. Lord may I take these words and become this leader: May I lead by becoming a servant. Lord may I remember that even You came not to be served but to serve others and to give Your life as a ransom for many. Thank you Lord for your example.


“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” John Wooden.

No comments:

Post a Comment