Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day 6...I surrender


So my Facebook post went like this:

Dear FB friends

Could use some serious BOMBARD the throne room prayer. I really need to hear God's audible voice on this.  I don't want to think I hear  so therefore I walk. I want to, NO need to hear God's audible voice on this before I make a move.
 
If you know me, I am that strong willed make it happen and deal with the consequences as they happen especially if something does not go the way I planned it in my head.

As I have been teaching and blogging,I have been taking my own advice to heart so.... I am begging for prayer.

Tonight I had been invited to a dinner for women who run ministries in Middle TN.  Now mind you this had been on my calendar since January 15th.

The woman who gets up to do a small devotional and she was talking and talking...it was great what she was saying....then all of a sudden she says "but God says have you ever thought about surrendering that to me? There are things that we can do BUT there are things that only God can do for us."

So it was like a lightbulb went off and I really wanted to say...."duh...NO....I can handle this with Gods help"... Then I heard God say, "I don't want your help, I want to do it for you".

But we have to say I surrender...not like in a war where there is a winner and a loser, but the faith to say....God you've got this because this is your playing field....I'm just here as a spectator.

This is not to say there will NOT be any consequences for the actions before we said "I surrender"...

But it is saying God I have faith that You ARE the Creator and Maker and You actually do know what's best and I am going to work over here on this ________ that you did give me control of and let You Lord do your thing over there.... And I promise not to micromanage You God.

No comments:

Post a Comment