Sunday, January 12, 2014

Labels


Labels?
This has been a constant theme running through my head since before the New Year.

Starting a New Year with resolutions it's easy to start the mental process of Who am I?

So I started a list of my labels that I wear now, and very quickly I came up with over 20.   Reading over my list I realized that I let some of the negative ones define me more than the good. I also realized that some of these labels have been put on me by others.

But I also realize that I let people put labels on me especially negative ones if my self- esteem is not where it needed to be.

So very quickly make a list of labels that you carry around. The labels that you are carrying around are they good, bad, depends on the minute?

But I need you to hear me...there is only ONE label...read that again...there is only ONE label that matters.
The rest of the labels need to be filtered through this label...

That label is "Child of God" or some may have written "son/daughter of the King".  

1 John 3:1-3 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.  Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.  All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

So your job this week is to rid yourself of allowing the labels you have allowed or even placed on yourself, and work on allowing the label "child of God" define who you are and what you are about.

No comments:

Post a Comment