Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Shame on....

People who are Christians use pat answers, take scripture out of context to make their point.  But they also use scripture to shame you.

I wasn't a bad kid or a bad teen mom, but it just seemed that I was constantly given the label " not good enough".

The shame that came from being looked at differently from church people when they did the math in their heads and realized I was pregnant on the day of our wedding, ( I'll save you the suspense, I was 5 months along). 

Now, not being a bad person: but yet it always seemed church people were saying" well you know the bible says, you're not supposed to have sex before marriage, you're not supposed to do this or that".

I think it's funny that I never heard this part of the scripture:

1 Corinthians 5:9-11

When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin.  But I wasnt talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that. I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer  yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Dont even eat with such people.

So my charge to you today is to re-look  at your life ( if you call yourself a Christian)with the backdrop of 1 Corinthians before you shame a non- believer for the things they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment